Friday 16 November 2012

Kingman Turquoise & 3D Moonshell Birds Necklace

FINALLY I have some free hours to spend making jewellery. I was up at 4:00 a.m. to finish typing and proofing a job and handed it in at 9:04. Done and goneroonies. Such a relief. Whew! It's been months since I've been in this situation and not immediately heading for horizontal.

I've started playing with my big batch of Kingman turquoise mini-mini nuggets. These are tiny, tumbled, soft-edged and bluuuuue. These particular strings are $10 each. Grab 'em before I use them all up!



Here is the first necklace I was playing with this afternoon, adding three carved moonshell birds along the one side. The necklace is about 23" long, with a silver-plated lobster clasp and findings. $35, email me for availability or to customise with other fetishes. I can also remake it with sterling or pewter clasps and findings. Stay tuned for more variations on this. 

 



Don't forget! The big London Gem & Mineral Show in London, Ontario, is happening this weekend at the London Fairgrounds, 9-5 Saturday, November 17th, and 10-5 Sunday, November 18th. I'll be leaving here around 8:45 a.m. on Sunday if anyone lives between Paris and London along Highway 2 wants a ride.

Now back to my increasingly messy kitchen table heaped with beads to make more good stuff (see it all at the Woodstock Farmer's Market tomorrow morning), and thanks for looking!

No comments: