Thursday 1 March 2012

Checkitout... I'm on Facebook!

Yeah, yeah, okay, all right... I'm only ten years behind the times. Big whup. Nothing new about that.

I now have a Facebook store thing! Thanks to my good pal from deviantArt, http://blackowl4.deviantart.com/, I have been dragged kicking and screaming and better late than never into the second decade of the 21st century. Go visit her pages and see her stunning work.
http://www.facebook.com/BoriquaDoll

And then come back and see my stuff.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/giftsfromthegarden

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm in a weird mood, I sift through beads, can't get inspired, but what does suit my mood is pounding the snot out of poor innocent copper wire. I've been doing that a lot lately. I wonder if it means anything significant...

These are copper, obviously, earwires, part of an order for Lynn in Arizona:



These are string ends I've been playing with, to use when tying off with leather cord (instead of using plain jump rings) after I've strung 6 or 8 inches of beads on wire, some hammered art deco rose spacers, and some more necklace ends or maybe dangles, respectively. I'm finding that the overlapping of wire on the string end loops and thick/thin hammering means there's less chance that the stringing wire will work its way loose the way it will do through the gap in jump rings, but there's still the flexibility of being able to take things apart if necessary.



I had made this originally as a heart, but didn't like the loop at the bottom. I still don't care for it even sitting at the top, but it makes for an interesting frame for the Chinese AB crystals, which I'm using to keep the cost down. Now to riff on this copper shape which I do like and see what transpires.


TRUNK SHOW ALERT - 1-4 March 2012!
Anyone reading this from Southern Ontario, please plan to go tonight, Thursday, 1 March though Sunday 4 March to The Bead Boutique in Kitchener. Jess is hosting a huge bead trunk show, and the bead selection will be stunning. Here is the link for more info, hours, address...: http://www.facebook.com/TheBeadBoutiqueKitchener

No comments: