Wednesday 4 January 2012

Getting out there...

My horrorscope for today:

Wednesday Jan 04, 2012

Think and act locally. Action is heating up on the homefront and you won’t have to travel far to find what you need. Look for ways you can get involved in community efforts and support neighborhood businesses. Buy your household items at the mom and pop shop, pick up a baguette from the artisan bakery and your latte from the cafe where they roast their own beans. Connecting to the people in your ‘hood could spark new ideas for an event or even a business that you’d like to run yourself.
- Horoscopes provided by The AstroTwins

Which I only read now, at 6:25 p.m.

What have I been doing all day? Taking the first step to growing my business by joining a local entrepreneurs group and, instead of making jewellery, endlessly tweaking my bio page.
http://www.meetup.com/Brantford-Entrepreneurs/members/27781002/
The first meeting is Friday morning.
 
The other cool thing I learned today is that this is the Chinese Year of the Dragon -- and I was born in the year of the Dragon. This is doubly portentious news!
 
On the jewellery front, yesterday I made a selection of hammered squiggles for earrings for my pal Lynn in Arizona to choose from.
 


 
Why is it that one of a pair is always perfect but the other always comes out wonky?

1 comment:

Lynn Hoyt said...

It's called Hand Made. I wouldn't have it any other way